Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
How to Upgrade PC Bios ?
11-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Not Solved Lightbulb How to Upgrade PC Bios ?
PC BIOS is responsible for controlling the hardware settings of a computer and it also maintains the correct time and date of the system. To fix bugs or to offer support for latest hardware and software motherboard manufacturers release updated version of the BIOS. When upgrading your computer it might require performing a BIOS upgrade for updating the system to allow a new hardware. But for an ordinary person, the procedure of upgrading PC BIOS is quite difficult. This article has been designed to offer you assistance to perform this task effectively.
Go through the following steps and learn how to upgrade the system BIOS:
•Reboot your PC and enter the Setup screen. Depending on your computer model you need to press “Del” or “F2” button during start-up. Refer to your motherboard manual for this.
• Check the model and manufacturer of the current BIOS.
• Now visit the manufacturer’s website to find the updated version of the BIOS.
• Download the program and copy the program to a disk.
• You can also go through the manufacturer’s instructions to learn how to run the program.
• Install the updated version of BIOS.
• Restart the computer
You must remember that if something goes wrong during BIOS update it may leave your PC in an unusable condition.
So, it is strongly recommended to consult a computer repair company like GeoTechSupport to accomplish BIOS upgrade successfully.
If you are facing any problem related to your computer kindly contact us. We will be glad to assist you
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2011, 07:36 PM
Not Solved RE: How to Upgrade PC Bios ?
As a note, we typically do not recommend updating the BIOS.

Raidmax Smilodon
AMD FX-8350 | Noctua NH-U12S cooler
GeForce GTX 960
8GB RAM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-18-2011, 02:03 AM
I agree in fact I probably never will recommend it. If something where to go wrong your motherboard could be nothing more than a fancy paperweight.

If it isn't broke don't fix it.

[Image: t0209.gif]
TechnoFyed Forums
Senior Staff Member

[Image: signature.php?uid=1]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Well I agree with this post and also I can say it is good technique but first of check your bios version and then search if is there new version available on the official website. If available then download and install it, now reboot your system. It will upgrade but remember that never plug out or disconnected electric city during the update.
Find all posts by this user