Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TextEnhance Malware
02-19-2012, 06:47 PM
Not Solved TextEnhance Malware
Somehow this junk got on my computer. Creates an annoying 2-3 second delay in browser response after loading a new page. The software makes mouseover popup links out of random text on pages. Need to get this stuff removed, but haven't figured out how yet. Checked help websites, and their solutions proved non-helpful. Any ideas? Sad

Google Talk ID: gt4awd@gmail.com
My Website - I.D.W.
Email: gt4awd [at] lycos [dot] com
My YouTube Videos
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2012, 10:37 PM
Not Solved RE: TextEnhance Malware
Have you tried running a few of the free antivirus programs? Also, you could try reinstalling your browser if you don't have bookmarks you need to safe.
02-20-2012, 10:47 AM
First thing I would do is remove the hard drive & scan it on a separate machine. Preferably one not running an NTFS file system, thus removing the ability for the malware to protect itself.

You can also try booting to safe mode with networking/command prompt only to see if the malware is not running. This gives you more flexability (& speed) to try removing it.

-#2pencil-

[Image: 53855050049.4874.203066657.png] [Image: lovelinux.gif]
02-26-2012, 04:20 AM
Tried Avast which found a few other malware programs on my computer, but still have the annoying TextEnhance going. Apparently my computer is no longer secure. Probably due to the fact my Norton is two years out of date. Which steps involve full reinstallation of Firefox and Internet Explorer?

Google Talk ID: gt4awd@gmail.com
My Website - I.D.W.
Email: gt4awd [at] lycos [dot] com
My YouTube Videos
02-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Maybe try giving an updated version of SUPERAntiSpyware Portable a try in safe mode. I suggest the portable version because the normal version won't work in safe mode if I remember correctly.
06-13-2012, 07:03 PM
Well this problem called text enhance malware in which this delay your browser. This can be remove by scanning anti-virus. Anti virus should be upgraded otherwise it will delete such kind of virus from the date in which it is updated.
Find all posts by this user