Jump to the post that solved this thread.
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Startup Problems
02-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Solved: 5 Years, 1 Month, 2 Weeks, 4 Days, 16 Hours, 12 Minutes, 47 Seconds ago RE: Startup Problems
I have a few enclosures at my shop & at home, you never know when one will come in handy.

Besides, what if the Vista repair had failed? I've used it before, but I would never suggest it to anyone. It's kind of the same as sfc /scannow for XP. It solves some things, & corrupts others. *shrug* you win some you loose some.

-#2pencil-

[Image: lovelinux.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Solved: 5 Years, 1 Month, 2 Weeks, 4 Days, 16 Hours, 12 Minutes, 47 Seconds ago RE: Startup Problems
SFC corrupts files?Huh

Edit: I just decided to run an sfc verification and it found some integrity violations. Should I fix them? I haven't had any freezing or crashing issues in months. It said to refer to the CBS log which is over 20 mb and has entries going back to 12-19-09.Its been well before that since I've had any issues. Should I fix something that isn't broken?

[Image: t0209.gif]
TechnoFyed Forums
Senior Staff Member

[Image: signature.php?uid=1]
02-07-2010, 12:19 AM
sfc doesn't directly corrupt files, but it does (sometimes) create a situation. When you manually start changing Windows core files, system files, & DLL files, yeah... the unsceen surfaces. Especially when you are reverting to original dll files (from DLL cache) & you have service packs installed.

If you are not having issues I would leave it alone. Or, make an image of your hard drive, implement the change & then you can revert if you need to (by restoring the image).

-#2pencil-

[Image: lovelinux.gif]
06-28-2011, 03:15 PM
Pull out the ram and place it in another slot...Cool
Find all posts by this user
06-28-2011, 04:04 PM
This thread is over a year old, but I thought I should tell you guys what ended up happening.

I think I returned the laptop to my friend, but the same problem reoccurred. The Vista repair option didn't work very well obviously. He gave it back to me, and I reinstalled Vista, reinstalled his drivers, got his data back onto his computer, returned his laptop to him, and kept the enclosure. I've used the enclosure many times, and I've been glad I kept it.

Raidmax Smilodon
AMD FX-8350 | Noctua NH-U12S cooler
GeForce GTX 960
8GB RAM
02-22-2012, 07:04 AM
you can run disk cleaner to clean disk,delete all temp files and finally DE-fragment your drives.
and after performing these actions if same situation arises then You need file recovery, if you face problem once again then surely the problem is related to OS.

Check and re-install a new version of windows.
Find all posts by this user
Jump to the post that solved this thread.
Thread Closed